2024 Barley Symposium
2024 Barley Symposium – From the Ground Up – February 26-27, 2024
Registration information will be available soon!
We still have sponsorship opportunities available. To find out more information about becoming a sponsor, contact us at email@example.com.
Call for Abstracts
You are invited to submit abstracts to the 2024 Barley Symposium – From the Ground Up.
Submission deadline for oral presentation is October 15, 2023 at 5:30pm CDT.
Submission deadline for poster presentation is January 15, 2024 at 5:30pm CST.
Participants can choose to submit an abstract for oral presentation consideration or for poster presentation. All abstracts will be reviewed by the Organizing Committee to ensure the abstracts are relevant to the meeting theme. Authors of abstracts selected for regular or keynote (keynote speakers will also be selected through peer-review) oral presentation will be contacted in November 2023. All abstracts will be included in the final program which will also be available online after the conference. Abstracts are limited to 400 words within the “abstract text” section and must be submitted using the ‘Abstract Template’. If you have more than one abstract, each one will need to be submitted separately.
Poster presenters must be registered, fully-paid conference delegates.
Abstract submission is free.
Abstracts must be provided to the Conference Organizer in electronic format. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Poster Specifications:
Posters must measure a maximum of 36 inches wide X 48 inches high (91 cm X 121 cm). Each will be mounted vertically and occupy one-third of one side of a freestanding poster display board. The poster board will accommodate pushpins and will be Velcro-receptive. Presenters will be provided with Velcro or pushpins for hanging their posters.
Poster content should include:
- Title, author(s) name(s) and their affiliation(s). Letters should be no less than 1 inch (2.54 cm) high and preferably 2 inches (5 cm) high.
- Introduction, materials and methods, results, and discussion. Presenters should select a font and letter size to allow viewers to read the poster from a distance of 4 feet (1.2 meters) or more. (Note: A matte finish on the posters provides better visibility as it reduces glare).
- Consider less rather than more words within your poster, and refrain from using very small font for your poster.
- Posters will be on display during the conference and should carry your message without requiring any additional comment.
- Material presented must be based on the abstract previously submitted and should be novel, not previously published material.
You are invited to setup your poster starting at 3:00 pm on Monday February 27. Posters will remain on display for the entire length of the poster sessions (4:30 – 6:30 pm) and must be taken down no later than 7:30 pm Monday February 27. Posters remaining on site will not be retained or returned.
Presenting authors are expected to be available near their poster to answer questions and engage in discussions. Poster session times can be found on the conference agenda.
If your plans change and you cannot attend and/or will not be displaying your poster, kindly inform us by sending an email at email@example.com.
Please find the abstract template here:
Hotel: A rate of $187.00 has been secured at the Delta Bessborough in downtown Saskatoon for February 25-26.
The last day to book at this rate is Thursday, January 25, 2024.
For questions or more information regarding registration or accommodation please contact: